
Last week I went to a six stake Youth Conference at Troy University. There were more than 500 14-17 year olds and about 100 adults. It was awesome! Speakers were flown in from all over. My favorite was Chad Hymas. Please take a few minutes and go to this link. I suggest you read Just Cut the Dang Strings and One Stripe at a Time. If you are in need of inspiration or a little umph, you can find it in his life stories. Hearing him tell it in person was so moving. I will never forget it. What I took away from him . . . "You can't do it alone," "Many are called, but few are chosen because we choose to not follow," "Your greatest gift is your time," and "Those that know Him have no fear."
I also loved hearing Elder Cornish of the Seventy speak. Here are a few tidbits I gleaned from him:"You can't pray a lie" -Huck Finn
You don't have to be perfect to pray.
If your prayers aren't being answered the way you want then Heavenly Father probably wants more for you.

I can't end this post without mentioning that at the dance Thursday night I sat down on the bleachers and began to croquet. Yes, I was prepared for a long 4 hour dance without my sweetheart. I must admit I was feeling bad. The second song was a slow one, and the DJ encouraged the boys to find a dance partner. The next thing I know a young man, probably 14 years old, asked me to dance. I was in shock. Is the room that dark? Can't he see that I am an old person? Is he confused? "Me?" I asked. He replied "Yeah! It's okay. Come on!" I was very flattered, but I told him there were a lot of young women waiting to be asked. He understood and went merrily on his way to find a dancing partner. The young man, Taylor, made my night. Though he will never read this, Thank you Taylor!
1 comment:
That's how all mormon dances are! The more you go to, the more you'll notice the younger ones dancing with the Leaders. lol. It's pretty funny. At EFY is where I've seen it the most. I always got asked by the counselors cause the YM were dumb and didn't ask girls, lol.
Post a Comment