Friday, October 24, 2008

Homecoming parade

Unlike most schools, ours combines elementary, middle and high school all in one. One of the benefits(?) of this is that the younger kids start going to pep rallies in kindergarten (this creates some serious school spirit!), and they can be signed out early for the homecoming parade. I know most of you will find this whole entry amusing, but you must understand. Homecoming is a big deal here. The whole town comes out to see it. Businesses pause for the hour, so they can go to view it. It is held on Main Street, so all the traffic is held up for 45 minutes. Every year I have lived here, the children and I have gone downtown to sit with Grandma Hazel and Grandpa Dan (their great-grandparents) at his produce stand. Grandpa was a home sick today, but we convinced Grandma to come with us. 





I love my little town!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There ARE advantages to small towns, no doubt about it! How fun is this!? Is that short hair I see on 2 of the girls??