Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Old goals, new goals

Last year I finished my first children's story . . . . This year I want to publish it.
Last year I began writing for the newspaper again . . . . This year I want to write MORE cheesy stories for the pet page!
Last year I tried to be more organized (I know it was a sad attempt) . . . . This year I will be more organized by putting an object in its place when I walk in the door. No more piles (by the entrance anyway!)
Last year I gave up on exercise . . . . This year will make friends with exercise again.
Last year I began (again) to write letters and notes on real paper with a pen . . . . This year I will continue this Sunday tradition.
Last year I set a goal for my temple attendance and didn't even come close . . . . This year I will visit the temple at least monthly. 
Last year I focused on feeding my family regular meals . . . . This year I will focus on feeding my family healthier meals (Please send me all your yummy, healthy recipes!)
Last year I quit practicing the piano . . . . This year I will practice 20 mins./day.

I love the verse in Ether that says the Lord can make our weaknesses our strengths. It gives me hope for the coming year.

"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." Ether 12:27

2 comments:

Katy said...

That is one of my favorite scriptures. I think about it all the time, especially when I want to give up on random things.

Laura said...

ok, so now I feel like a major slacker. I actually told one of my friends that I wasn't going to set any resolutions cuz I forget about them after a month or so.
I will come up with some resonable and attainable goals and let you know! Thanks for inspiring me sis. You always make me want to do/be a little better!