Saturday, February 14, 2009

A working woman

In an attempt to figure out what I want to be "when I grow up," I started teaching preschool this week. After just three mornings I haven't figured much out yet, but I do know this. 
  • Hanging out with 17 three year olds is intense. (Duhh!)
  • I love little kids. They are quick to give hugs and forgive.
  • I am more comfortable hanging out with kids than adults.
  • I love teaching children, and even better, I love watching children learn.
  • I love recognizing the gifts Heavenly Father has blessed them with. 
  • Children need structure and consequences. Without it chaos rules, and I do not like chaos. 
Oh and, Happy Valentine's Day!

5 comments:

Erin said...

wow! you are brave!
good luck teaching and figuring out what you want to be! :)
happy V-Day!

Laura said...

Silly, you have been working with kids for 10+ years. You are just looking for a paycheck!

Love you and am proud of you!

Katy said...

I admire you for working with kids. When I eventually go back to work, I don't want a crying child within 200 yards of me. I really just like my kids, if that doesn't sound too cranky. I think that people who teach children under the age of 12 are truly selfless, so congrats on winning my 'you are a really good person' award! Also, good luck with your job!!

Unknown said...

that sounds very intense!

jen said...

It sounds fun, but exhausting! I love little kids, too (in small doses). Good luck!