Thursday, March 26, 2009

A joyful life

After Luke was born I found myself drowning. A newborn is difficult, but a newborn plus a two, a four and a six year-old was beyond overwhelming. I made a choice then to stay sane by eliminating anything that wasn't absolutely necessary in my life. I focused solely on feeding, clothing and caring for my children. Occasionally I would pay attention to my husband and when we ran out of clean clothes, I would wash some. I also attempted to complete my church assignments though complete probably wouldn't describe my end performance.

My newborn is now four and what a difference four years makes! The brainpower that I thought I had lost forever is back. I am now juggling family, home, teaching, writing (a little), and church assignments without freaking out. In fact, not only am I not freaking out, but I am finding joy in folding clothes, cooking and cleaning. I am so grateful to feel peace and joy.


2 comments:

Katy said...

oh wow, do i look forward to that day!! i found out the hard way that 'staying at home' but doing odd jobs to help with money is about the worst combination. i have felt all year that i was good at nothing!! i finally have realized exactly what you said......take care of my kids, that's it.

Erin said...

I am so relieved to know that it get easier! I love my kids and I really do love where they are right now. they are funny and make me so happy. it is HARD though some days. So thanks Jess for reminding me that it won't always be this way.